.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Moment Of Clarity

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Slinkity Hinkity Ho!


"What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, And makes a slinkity sound? A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing, Everyone knows it’s Slinky… It's Slinky, it's Slinky, for fun it's a wonderful toy It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun for a girl and a boy"

"The Walking Spring Toy"

"It walks, bounces and springs"


...and so went advertising jingles for the springly toy called 'Slinky'.

I was first introduced to a Slinky when my aunt brought a brand new one from the UK, a long time ago. Apparently, I was a kid and didn't fancy the toy too much from its initial appearance. I mean, of what use was a twisted piece of cheap metal to a kid who would rather have beautifully-moulded action hero figures as companions!

But only when I was exposed to its potential wonders did I get sucked into the wonderful world of a Slinky! The Slinky has a personality of its own, what with the curvaceous and rather seductive movement and the ability to mould into different shapes of varying dimensions during every stage of its movement. It was always admired for its ability to spring-down staircases with ease!

The slinky teaches numerous lessons for life! One notices that it exhibits the flexibility and mouldability that the human mind is supposed to possess to crawl out of tough and sticky situations! Its movement is as free and dynamic as the human mind ought to be in order to achieve greatness! It also taught me to compete for possession against my sister! :)

Unfortunately, the slinkies that are available nowadays are made from inferior plastics or low grade metals, unlike the original American metal that was used. This alters its characteristics to such an extent that it loses its inherited charm and magnificence!

P.S. Check out the world's largest slinky!

6 Comments:

  • hey!!! i remember mine too...!! it was multicoloured.. orange, yellow, green,pink.... so when i'd be sliding it ... it would change colours so beautifully!!!!! but being a girl...i also used it as a bracelet!!!!

    By Blogger Deepti Ravi, at December 09, 2005 9:43 am  

  • wow... it was really a cool toy... i've spent a lot of time with it.
    and nice lesson you got out of it
    :D

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at December 10, 2005 6:59 pm  

  • :D... had a mulit-coloured slinky myself, that kept me occupied with its gyrations for hours on end!

    By Blogger nandini, at December 11, 2005 1:09 am  

  • I had a super colourful one once. Sniff. It was beautiful. I think I stole it from a cousin.

    By Blogger Manasi Subramaniam, at December 11, 2005 12:18 pm  

  • @deepti: I presume that it was one of those made with plastic!..But using it as bangles was rather cute! :)

    @ze exaggeratorr!: Trying to portray myself as a very wise guy! ;)

    @nandini: It would still keep me occupied...but alas i cant find it anywhere now!

    @manasi: Poor little cousin. You deprived him/her of something wonderful!

    By Blogger Unknown, at December 11, 2005 5:47 pm  

  • He told me he had a surprise in store for me thatnight. After she closes her eyes, I slip a blindfold on her and tell her not tomove.
    spank paddle femdom stories
    step brother fuck stories
    free erotic illustrated stories
    moms xxx stories
    free adult xxx sex stories
    He told me he had a surprise in store for me thatnight. After she closes her eyes, I slip a blindfold on her and tell her not tomove.

    By Anonymous dog zoophilia bestiality stories, at December 04, 2010 7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home