.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Moment Of Clarity

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Year that was...

Looking back at the past year, it has been quite a mixed bag. But let me recall the brighter side.

One of the most memorable things was the trip to Singapore, along with just three of my cousins. It was my first ever trip abroad and very memorably so! It was the first time that I experienced the true taste of
Indian(Airlines) hospitality, with all its stewards and hostesses openly displaying a hostile attitude! Upon any requests from passengers, they would bark, stare, scream, groan and mutter profanities under their breath , desperately supressing their natural urges to bite back...or atleast so it seemed!

There was this clash between a not-so-decent-passenger and a particularly snobbish hostess....

P: I asked for a non-veg meal but u have served me veg.
AH: I'm sorry sir. We have run out of NV meals.
P: Oh no, you've not. I'm sure u have hidden them away to sell it to somebody and make money!
AH: How dare u speak like that...You think we are that cheap...Blah blah...dishum dishum ...thump... thwack...

The guy was sitting there all the while having a smirk oh his face. He seemed to be enjoying the one-sided brawl. Perhaps that was his idea of in-flight entertainment!

-------------------------

And how could i forget my amazing 21st birthday! My near and dear friends had put in 3 days of painstaking work and effort into arranging for an amazing birthday surprise whilst i was boasting to everybody that i could never ever be surprised by anyone! So much for me and my mouth...

They organised a complicated treasure hunt, with decorative clues all over and around my house, making me sweat on-route to collecting the treasure! They even took care to play one of my favourite songs while i was just about to find my bounty! At the end of the day, i couldn't help the streams of joyful tears that rolled down my cheeks...I am indeed a lucky guy!

9 Comments:

  • So when is your next trip to Singapore? This time, you MUST meet me okay???

    By Blogger Sayesha, at January 05, 2006 10:52 am  

  • And me firstttttt! :D

    (And second!)

    By Blogger Sayesha, at January 05, 2006 10:52 am  

  • @sayesha: hey, it'll be a surprise when i land up there again! ;)..And i assure u that u WILL be the first i meet! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 05, 2006 11:26 am  

  • hey.. you came to singapore??
    cool..

    oh yeah indian airlines.. tell me about it....
    i have a whole entry on the flight trip.
    i never fail to entertain myself in the flights.

    By Blogger Pandhu, at January 05, 2006 9:51 pm  

  • quite frankly yeah....our trip to singapore was the best...4 of us...no parents...god! the fun we had!!!!!!!!!!! i don think we'll ever get another opportunity like dat again....simply too memorable...::something only you'll understand::"vicky...call me a *&%+&# or a @%@@$$^ or even a &%@%$#%# but dont....DONT....call me an idiot.

    By Blogger Sid, at January 05, 2006 11:27 pm  

  • @conjoin: hahaha...she was a smart airhostess!

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 06, 2006 9:43 am  

  • guess indian is always like that......and whtz more, all the hostess are grandmaz......

    By Blogger Kausikram Krishnasayee, at January 06, 2006 7:43 pm  

  • my dad worked a good amt of his life in gulf countries ... and he had this immense dislike for air hostesses (god knows why) and he found great pleasure in fighting with them and managed to pick up one fight with atleast one of them every time he flew :p . I always thought that the problem in this case was with my fateher but after reading ur psoti think its the otehr way round and my dad was right !

    Wow a themed surprise bday party ... must say that ur friends are real sweet and creative :))

    Happy new year !

    By Blogger Viewer, at January 06, 2006 8:16 pm  

  • @mark: true dude..absolutely in their ripe old ages!

    @viewer: hehe...dads arent always wrong!

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 08, 2006 9:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home